Now don't get me wrong #Ilovesocialmedia. What I realized though was that I dont have to have my
My daughter is only this small once. We will only get to experience the Firsts, once. My husband and I only get so much one on one time. There is only so much quiet and peace in every day.
So I made a new family rule. From 5-8pm every day we are unplugged. No social media. No texting. No phone calls.
We will cook and snuggle and talk and truly enjoy eachothers company. We will do bath time and story time and bed time routines together. Then the hubby and I will snuggle and spend some quality time together. It definitely is going to be an adjustment, I'm "trained" to keep checking in with technology. But I definitely think this is going to be huge for my family. Plus, we need to start setting an example for BK. I dont want BK sitting at the dinner table or in the car glued to her ipod or iphone. I want her to grow up with dinners at the table, a family that talks and interacts. We started last night, and if last nights meal was any indication as to how things will go then Hot.damn. we're in for a treat!
I thought I'd share this recipe because it is delicious!
Ricotta Stuffed Shells w/ Lemon Champagne Sauce
1 box jumbo stuffed shells
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 15oz container ricotta cheese
2 lemons (juice and zest)
1/4 cup chopped dill or basil
1/2 pint heavy cream
1 bag mixed italian cheese
1 bunch fresh spinach, chopped
1 stick butter + 1 tablespoon
3/4 cup of Champagne
1. Mix ricotta, juice of one lemon, zest of both lemons, garlic, and dill (or basil). Sit to the side.
2. Cook shells according to package until al dente. Strain and let cool.
3. While noodles cook/cool, melt butter over medium heat. Add in heavy cream, 1/2 bag of cheese, champagne, and juice from second lemon. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Add or subtract champagne for thickness.
4. Melt tablespoon of butter. Add spinach in batches until all is cooked. Set to the side.
5. Fill shells with ricotta mixture. I found about a teaspoon per shell was a good ratio.
6. Sprinkle with half of leftover cheese. Spread spinach over shells.
7. Pour champagne sauce over shells and cover with remaining cheese.
8. Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
9. Let settle for 3 minutes & enjoy!