Monday, December 31, 2012

That's the good stuff

Have y'all heard The Good Stuff by Kenny Chesney? If not you should. Here's the video.

As you know we just got back from Jamaica. It was amazing. I will do a full write up on it later this week. But our time in Jamaica got me to thinking.

I thought about Christmas, how different this year was than any other before it. We are new parents this year, and Christmas is 100% better. It's no longer about us or presents. It's all about her. The look on her face when she opened her presents. The squeal that she gave out when she saw that she had gotten a Lambie. The good stuff.

I thought about how nice it was to get five days of pure family time. No internet. No interruptions. Just us. Life gets busy y'all, and those five days were magic. Full of the good stuff.

I thought about how blessed I am. Married to my best friend. A man that makes me laugh, challenges me to be better, always keeping me on my toes. I have had the most amazing nine months with my precious angel. Brooklyn Grace is the best, most perfect thing we have ever done. We have an amazing support system of friends and family. We have wonderful "things". A life full of the good stuff.

2013 is going to be another big year for us. Our daughter turns one. My husband really begins his new position at work. I'm going to be working on me {come back for that tomorrow}. Most importantly though 2013 is going to be about raw & honest "good stuff". No room for negativity, drama, or pain. Just the stuff that our lives should be made up of... l.o.v.e.


All ad spaces are currently 50% off with the code NEWYEAR

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! So glad you had an amazing time in Jamaica, I am extremely jealous. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your Jamaica trip! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice vacation with your little family! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas really does become more special once you have kids - this year my son was old enough to open his presents himself and it was so much fun to see his excitement! New follower here, looking forward to reading more :)

    http://www.lapetitelulu.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...