Monday, May 6, 2013

Citrus Chicken Salad

I feel like Summer is the season of the sandwich. Our family is always super busy, whether we're headed to the beach or Busch Gardens or just scrambling to make a quick lunch after a long morning in the backyard. That's where the sandwich comes in, because it's fast + easy to make + and super tasty. 

Now I'm a chicken salad girl, I just feel like there is nothing better than a fresh chicken salad. Since we grill out a lot when the weather gets nice there is almost always leftover chicken to be used. So here is my tried and true recipe. 



Citrus Chicken Salad

2 grilled chicken breasts, shredded
1 rib of celery, finely diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 lemon, just the zest
1/3 cup mayo
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients. Add/subtract mayo to your preference. Sometimes I squeeze in a quarter of the lemon juice as well, it just depends on how lemony you want it. Feel free to toss in some grapes too. I usually alternate between batches when I add them in.

Photobucket



Check out my amazing sponsor:



1 comment:

  1. Yummmmm!!

    AND you don't boil your chicken either!? I have to grill/bake the chicken every time I make chicken salad. Something about boiling it wigs me out!

    I put plain greek yogurt in my chicken salad and replace most of the mayo. I can't wait to try your recipe this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...